Searching for the outstanding. CausewayLit is an online literary journal that is edited and published by the graduate students of the Fairfield University Masters of Fine Arts Program. Our mission is to provide a platform for outstanding works of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry to writers at all stages of their careers. Writers whose work has been featured in CausewaLit have gone on to publish stories in Kenyon Review, Crazyhorse, and Barrelhouse, to name a few.
We are currently accepting submissions for Poetry, Fiction, and Non-fiction. We do not accept translated submissions of other writers or poets. Please read the relevant guidelines carefully.
- Submit your essay on the art and craft of writing using this online submission manager. Make sure that your submission in some way instructs and informs the writer and assists them in some form of the craft of writing.
- Please title your submission with the title of your piece.
- Please use double spaced, 12-pt font with 1" margins.
- Include a brief bio with contact information in the cover letter field on the submission manager. DO NOT put name, address, &c within the document.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed if CausewayLit is notified of acceptance elsewhere.
- Previously published work is not eligible.
- You will receive a $5 honorarium if published.